Privacy Notice – Website contact form – Consent for direct marketing
Here is a summary of how we protect your data and respect your privacy when you provide us with personal data via the contact form of our website www.profila.com (the “Website”):
Who are “we”?
Hello, we are the Swiss company “Profila GmbH” and have our offices at Mättliweg 10, 6353, Weggis, Lucerne, Switzerland (You can call us “Profila”). We are considered “controller” of your data that you provide to us via the Website.
Types of data collected
When you include your personal data in the contact form of our Website, we may collect the following (personal) data on you:
- If you are registering as a Brand: your first name; last name; name of your organization; work email, and the department that you work in (marketing – CRM – Agency);
- If you are registering as an individual: your name, email address, and your age group.
- In addition, we also safe the time on which you send us this information, the device you used to check out our website (e.g. phone or computer), etc.
How we use your data
We only collect and use this information in order to be able to identify you, and send you updates about the products of Profila.
We promise not to overload you with emails and promotional messages like many companies do. We will only send you information that we consider to be relevant and minimize the frequency of our messages to you.
What is the legal basis for processing this information?
The legal basis for processing this information is consent. If you want us to stop processing your personal data, you can just exercise your “right to withdraw consent” by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third parties who process your data
The following services will be used as processors to store the personal data you provide us via the webform:
- Infrastructure & storage: Microsoft Azure;
- Communication: Microsoft Dynamics; Microsoft Office.
We have the necessary contracts in place with these third parties to ensure that they respect all privacy regulations and adequately secure and protect your data.
International Data Transfers
By default, we store your data local.
- If you are a Swiss or EU citizen or resident, we store your personal data in Switzerland.
- If you are a US citizen or resident, we store your personal data in the United States of America.
- If you are a Brazilian citizen or resident, we store your personal data in Brazil
If certain parts of your data are shared with third parties (as described above) who are not established in the EEA (for EU customers) or in the USA (for US customers), we make sure that any international transfer is covered by the necessary safeguards (e.g. standard contractual clauses, adequate level of protection).
Know Your Rights! And Use them!
You have the right to access, rectify and erase your personal data as well as to restrict or object the processing of your personal data. Besides that, you have the right to data portability. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for receiving further electronic communications.
You can exercise these rights by sending an e-mail at email@example.com and only insofar reasonably possible and allowed by applicable law. If you want an easy way to exercise these rights, download the Profila mobile application in the App Store (for iOS) or Google Play store and use our data privacy dashboard.
Can you complain? Yes!
Finally, we inform you that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Data Protection Authority should any of your rights be violated. For a list of all Data Protection Authorities per region, see:
- For Europe: List of national data protection authorities in the EU
- For the USA: File a consumer complaint with the Federal Trade Commission
- For Switzerland: Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner
Last updated on 14 May 2021