A Data Subject is any person who has their personal data processed by any organisation, where processing refers to almost all actions done to or with your data (e.g. collection, storage, use, etc.). Data Subject Rights or Data Rights, therefore, are rights held by these Data Subjects, which they can exercise against any organisation that collects, holds or processes their personal data.
Examples of Data Subject Rights include:
- The right to be informed about which of your personal data is being processed, who is processing your data, why, and for how long;
- The right to access a copy of all of your personal data being processed;
- The right to rectify any incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate personal data;
- The right to object to your personal data being processed;
- The right to have your personal data deleted;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data transferred, either to yourself or to another company;
- The right to not be subject to decisions based solely on automated means.
If you want to know more about these Data Rights, check out the Privacy Awareness education modules in your Privacy Dashboard by click on the blue heart icon in the upper right corner of the Profila app.